We all know that perfection is unattainable. But it is in our strive for it, that we better ourselves. That being said, if ever there was a semester in school, at any grade level, where I've come like close to grazing perfection, it's been this semester. Where do I begin?
School: I'm kicking ass in all my classes. I have three A's and two B+'s. All my assignments have been coming back with positive feedback, even the ones I would freak out about until they were due. The semester is almost done, time flies, and to add on to that, it's almost done, with me surely a lock for breaking the 3.0 mark in my GPA. School is good.
Family: My family is stellar. My parents and I seem to be in great standing, not that we've ever had a bad relationship, I just mean this between us just feel better than ever. My one sister just moved out and one step closer to full independence is doing really well for herself, couldn't be happier for her. My other sister just got a job with Vineyard Vines as the head of their visual department for one of their store locations, she appears to be on the up and up too. My third sister is about to graduate college and appears to be going to Notre Dame for graduate school, granted I HATE ND, that's still FRICKIN' AWESOME. My cousin and his girlfriend just had a beautiful and healthy baby girl a few months back. And another cousin of mine just took a great step in the career world as he got a new job that was better than his previous one in order to better provide for his own daughter now and in the future. Family is good.
Social life: I have great friends. Everyday I share moments with them that I wouldn't trade for all the riches in the world. I mean just the other day a bunch of my friends and I went to the thrift store, and we just had a grand ole time. And a few weeks back, I went on an amazing retreat that was put on by my school's campus ministry. Social life is good.
Things appear to be good on all fronts, School, Family, and Friends. So I'm sure those you who are reading this are saying to yourselves, "Wait, Chris, I don't seem to see the/an issue here."
And your right. There doesn't to appear to be one, but for some reason there is one, I just don't know what, which only seems to make it worse. All I know is, for much of this past gilded semester, I lie awake in my bed at all hours of the night, not because I'm a night owl, but because I feel alone and empty and sad about everything. BUT WHY?! There is no reason I should be feeling this way. My life is GREAT! And I've been blessed that it has been for basically it's entirety. So why can't I seem to be really happy. Why do I spend everyday waiting for something bad to happen or something to go wrong. Instead of basking in all the good I have in my life currently, something is eating at my core, at my soul, hindering me from being able to appreciate, and I can't seem to stop it.
I think what worries me most about this situation I am in is the terrible fact that though something feels wrong to me, I can't my finger on what that something is. Which scares me; typical human condition, we fear the unknown, myself included. And in the end, I'm left on this side of the keyboard with all these questions brought on by this fear of the unknown, but no answers...
No comments:
Post a Comment