I've been looking for a new blog topic for a while now, and I have found it. But I still want to keep this blog post short due to the sensitive nature of this topic, and really just make a statement, without a judgement.
As many people, it not all, know, the Catholic Church is not approving of Gay marriage. BUT, that doesn't mean the church and its members aren't approving of Gay people. I believe it is an unfair stereotype and stigma that has been extremely magnetized these past few years as leaps and bounds have been made in the Gay community. I see it necessary to defend the Catholics, as I am one, and say again, we don't hate Gay people, and hell, some of us don't even hate the idea of Gay marriage (but yes, that number is lesser). This stigma that we do is false. We as Catholics believe that Gay people are still human, and as a human have just as much value as any other man or woman or whatever gender you are going with.
Now, maybe I'm being to bold trying to speak on the behalf of all the peoples of a religion, but I'm doing it anyway. It's just when I had a conversation on this topic with an acquaintance I realized that this seems to be the case and needed to explained and smoothed out. I know some go with the phrase, "Love the sinner, hate the sin", which in the crudest of terms could be what my blog is trying to say. But at least to save my backside, I will say this, I don't see it as a sin and I don't see those of LGBT community as sinners, and I'm sure those against may still not see it as sinners and sin either. But I just thought I should let it be known: Just because the Catholic church may not like gay marriage and gay acts, it doesn't mean it or its member Hate those people. They still value that persons life.
No comments:
Post a Comment