Well with it being February and Valentines day is fast approaching, I figured I would tackle this topic. Why not? But this isn't going to be a "I'm single and hate Valentines day rant" and it's not going to be a "I'm in a relationship and love Valentines day monologue", it's going to be a neutral blog post, one I hope both parties can appreciate. But we'll see.
If you are single and hate on Valentines day, or bitch about how all the symbols of it remind you that you're "alone", STOP! I got news for you, everyday people in relationships go on dates while you sit alone doing whatever it is you do to get through the day and yet you don't complain about those days, or at least not to the same capacity, so cut it out. Plus, you aren't alone. Everyone has somebody. Yeah, maybe it's not a significant other, but you got somebody, so pick a new word with a more fitting definition to your life situation. I get your pain, I'm single, and I won't have anyone this valentines day, but I don't feel compelled to shit on the day. That's not fair to other people who do enjoy the day, which includes a fair amount of people who are single.
And if you are in a relationship, make the day worth it. Go on a nice night out on the town, go to a couples party and rage, or stay in and watch a movie/cuddle. Whatever you do, make it a night worth remembering, because as much as I'd like to claim valentines day is just another day, it's not, or at least enough people out there in society don't consider it one, so since it's not just another day, don't treat it like one. Now I'm not saying you have to spend a lot of money on you significant other, I'm saying spend a lot time on them, because gifts will fade, but memories will last.
Finally, to both parties, Valentines Day is about LOVE! So if you're single, remember, it's not about the love of significant other, its about love in general. If you know someone in need of some kind of love, then go out and give them that love. Like the Beatles said, "All you need is love." And if you're taken, well then give your significant other love the best you can, and maybe (this is just an idea) go out with your "love" and as a duo go show love to others who you too know may need it. Because we've taken this day and may it one about the romantic kind of love, which is nice, but not everything. There's many kinds of love, and this day is about all of them, not just one of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment