Only hours into the new semester of school and already I have a blog worthy moment. This one is more of a life-lesson blog with a fun and embarrassing story with it. So let's just jump into it, shall we:
I had just finished getting ready for my day and upcoming classes and had time to kill, so I decided to head over to one of the school cafeterias for some breakfast. Upon leaving my dorm building I scanned the hill the building is on to make sure it was clear enough to ride my longboard, since that's my way around campus, when I saw her. This girl I like was coming down the hill. I never see her around campus it seems like, and since it's the first day of classes, I felt this could be a rare sighting that I needed to capitalize on in a subtle manner. So as I step on to the hill to ride my board, my idea of subtle capitalization was to do a trick on my longboard. I was like "It's perfect, she'll be like he's cool."
In thought, the idea was brilliant. In reality, EPIC FAIL! I hopped on my board, and I went for the trick. I ate shit. I wrecked, and slid like three maybe four feet on my side. What made matters worse, my board kept rolling down the hill. So here I was, with this girl I like watching, sliding kind of on my ass and then sprinting down the hill like a tool to get to my board that is rolling away. The goal here was to be be cool. I was everything BUT!
The life lesson I want to give here is DON'T BE A SHOWOFF! Keep it simple and stay within your limitations. The COOL thing to do, as well as smart, would have been to wait till this girl I like had caught up to me and then just walk down the hill with her while engaging in conversation. That was stupid of me to think a trick was the right route. So stop showboating, myself included. Just do you, be yourself and step up to the plate.
Remember, Lindsey Jacobellis would've won a gold medal at the Olympics, but went for a trick right before the finish line and lost. Don't be her...I was her. Now I have no figurative gold medal, and I'm not sure I'll be in my prime by the next "Olympics". But I do ask that you still laugh at this story, because it is pretty funny. I looked SO BAD! HAHAH!
No comments:
Post a Comment